- It affects 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18.1% of the population every year.
- People with an Anxiety Disorder are three to five times more likely to go to the doctor and six times more likely to be hospitalized for psychiatric disorders than those who do not suffer from anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety disorders develop from a complex set of risk factors, including genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events.
- Chronic Anxiety will impact your physical health as well as your ageing brain health
- Anxiety Disorders are highly treatable without medication, yet only 36.9% of those suffering receive treatment.
Facts and Statistics, Anxiety and Depression Association of America, 2018